Mon, May 16|
Sunnyside Park - West Soccer Field
Goalty League: Spring 2022
Join us this May and June for Monday night Goaltimate!
Time & Location
May 16, 2022, 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Sunnyside Park - West Soccer Field, 1735 Sunnyside Ave S, Salt Lake City, UT 84108, USA
About the event
Goalty League is back after a successful fall season and now bigger than ever!Logistics:
- Dates: May 9th - June 27th
- Times: Monday evenings from 6-9pm MT
- Location: Played at Sunnyside Park on the west soccer field
- Divisions: We will have TWO divisions this spring, one for women-matching players and one for man-matching players! While we still believe providing a space for a women's division is critical, why should our friends across the gender spectrum have to miss out on some organized goaltimate? Due to limited field space, we will be limiting the number of teams to four teams per division, with a maximum of 12 players per team. Register now to reserve your spot before they fill up!
- $45 for all
- If you have never played goaltimate before or baggage with a friend who has never played goaltimate before the price is $25 - reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to get a coupon code before you register.
- Baggages: You are allowed to baggage with a friend and will be prompted to list them during registration
- You'll play two games per night (regulation goaltimate games with two 15 minute halves and a 5 minute halftime)
- There will be a championship tournament at the end of the season!
- Prizes: Winning teams in each division will be given a Champions T-shirt!
- Picking Up: If you are unable to commit to the full league but are interested in picking up on occasional weeks, that option is available! The cost will be $10 per week to pick up to be paid upon arrival at league.
- COVID-19: You must be vaccinated and boosted in order to participate in this league unless you have a valid medical excuse from a doctor. You will be required to show proof of vaccination and vacination boosters on the first week of league.
Per USA Goaltimate, the game is fast-paced and physical, it is the half-court basketball of ultimate. Continuous play and a shorter stall count give players a more aerobic workout, and emphasizes multiple quick passes over hucks. With only four players per team on the field at once, and hockey-style subbing, every player is guaranteed to be involved with the game or play at hand.
Goaltimate has the same base rules as ultimate: move the disc from person to person to score in an endzone, players must stop and set a pivot foot while in possession of the disc, no intentional fouling or stripping of the disc. For more information on the basic rules and differences from ultimate, see the USA Goaltimate website.
For people who identify as women-matching in Ultimate, which may include women, non-binary, femme, trans, and other players$45.00+$1.13 service fee
For people who identify as man-matching in Ultimate, which may include men, non-binary, masc, trans, and other players$45.00+$1.13 service fee